"Tumaini" woven trivet | silver blue
This heat resistant trivet is perfect to set a tea kettle on or hot dish from the oven. With a woven loop attached on the back, they can be hung up as wall decor for a globally inspired feel.
The three-line pattern on this trivet is known as the “unity” design and symbolises the three ethnic groups that divided Rwanda in 1994, but who now work together to heal wounds from the past. Weavers heal through the collective effort of working toward the same purpose and goal: to create beauty with their own hands.
Size: Approx 16cm diameter, 1cm deep.
Material: Made from all natural sisal fibres and sweet grass, with organic dyes used for colouring.
- Do not immerse or wash with water.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth as needed.
- The trivet has a hanging loop on the back, for easy mounting as wall decor.
- A "profiled weaver" tag is attached to each item, with information about the craftswoman who made the bowl.
- Handmade in an ethical, fair trade environment, this one of kind piece takes weeks to complete.
- Safe to use with food.
- Made in Rwanda, Africa.